Friday, June 28, 2019

Experiences; Learning another culture

After five months living here in Romania I believe I got to meet a lot of the country itself and its culture as well. Although I think there are still a lot of things I could learn, I’ve already caught a hint.

To be honest I didn’t expect it before, as I had in my mind just a post-communist image of the country, but Romania is really beautiful, the northerner you go the more beautiful it gets. The surrounding nature combined with the castles and the architecture seem resemble to a place described on a fairytale. I like traveling around Romania.

The people here are also very nice. I’ve traveled quite a lot just by hitchhiking and I’ve met some very helpful, kind and generous people. It worths mentioning that I could notice many similarities in the daily lives Romanians and Greeks . Maybe the bad economy that both countries had in the past few years have something to do with it, who knows.

My journey here is coming to an end , but one thing is certain; I liked living here and I’m glad that I could see more of România and break any stereotypes that I may had in the past.


- Michael

No comments:

Post a Comment