Sunday, July 7, 2019

THE ART OF EXPRESSING, DANCE


You may or you may not acknowledge that dance is a universal language. Any language is a system of communication common to a specific area or culture. I never understood how important communication was until I came to Arad and became an Actress of Change. It is a fact that the world is moving forward to individualization, which means that everyone is changing into a more introverted and selfish individual. People care only about their own problems, and concepts like family or community are losing their significance. However, through our workshops I have understood that communication is the first step of understanding others. The more you know about a person, the more you can accept their true self and erase prejudices from your mind.
Personally, I think one of the main problems that people could have regarding communication would be the lack of confidence. That feeling you get when you feel like others will not listen to you or they will not care about your opinion, so you decide to stay silence. For that, we should do something to improve our own insecurities and here is when dance steps in. Have you ever realized that through dance you can express any emotion? Dancing ballet you can show your delicacy, dancing hip hop you can show your excitement and flow, dancing folklore like flamenco you can show your roots…there are infinite options and many that hasn’t been created yet. Dance is fitting body movements into music and feeling free to speak with your body. When I started dancing, I felt shy sometimes knowing that other people were looking at me doing something different as well as hard. With time, I feel much more comfortable and I put less pressure on myself, because as I said before what matters is that you are saying something with your body.
This picture is from the Festivalul Voluntarilor EVS that we did in Parcul Copiilor in Arad April 16. If you were there, you know how much I enjoyed creating a choreography and teaching it to the girls that were there following the steps gracefully. Do not forget that no one is never too bad to try to dance. Dance unifies people and creates a loving community.

No comments:

Post a Comment