Tuesday, March 26, 2019

My first impressions of Romania

Hello! 
In this post I want to talk about my experience with living in Romania so far and my first impressions. Before I went here, I did not know what to expect, because I had never been to the east part of Europe. When I arrived here, the whole city was white because of the snow. That was already special for me, because I am not used to a lot of snow. Then I met the people. In general Romanian people are very nice. Sometimes they don’t speak English very well, especially the older people, but at the end we understand each other. Something else that I had to get used to here, is the fact that everything takes a longer time. When you make an appointment with someone, it can take some time to plan it and it is less punctual. It is not something bad, because it is just part of the lifestyle and slowly you get used to that. Then also, at some point, I discovered that Romania has really beautiful nature. When I went out of the city and we were driving through the mountains, I got so happy because it was beautiful. Another thing I have noticed about Romania is that here you can see a lot of things from other countries. When you walk down the street, you will see a lot of Italian restaurants, shops with Turkish delicacies and German supermarkets. I don’t know if it was always like this, but Romanian people seem to like other cultures a lot. Also, coming back to the weather, around this time it almost never rains in Arad and when it does, it is just a little bit. I don’t know if it is like this in all of Romania, but here it is really something that surprised me. Someone told me that from the end of April it can already be around 30 degrees Celsius, so the summers here must be really warm.  I am excited.


- Coco 

No comments:

Post a Comment